Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Money truely can buy happiness.

My most recent dilemma in life is balancing what I want with I what I can afford. Since starting my first year of college I have blown threw an unimaginable amount of money. I thought that finding a job would solve this problem and put an end to the over draft fees that were being assigned to my bank account much too often. However, having a more constant income lead me to see that I have a problem; I like to pamper myself much to much. Tanning, online shopping, nails, hair; these things seem to be the only things that relieve me of my stress and bring me back to the care free person that I was before college. Yet these also happen to be the causes of my pay checks dissapearing faster than I get them. I know this all sounds a bit materialistic, but it is what I enjoy most at this point in my life. I''m addicting to spoiling myself, is that a bad thing?

1 comment:

  1. I know where you're coming from here. I've been doing the same thing ever since I got my first job. It's perfectly natural to want to spoil yourself, especially when you're the one earning the money. I've gone through the irritating battle with the over draft fees too...they suck and going to the bank to work things out is always embarrassing. My best advice to you is to try and find a balance and budget your self. Only get your nails done when you really need them done (not just because you're bored of the design). Another thing I do is only let myself shop for frivolous things (clothes and what not) once per pay period. Hopefully this helps out a little bit. The biggest point here is moderation. Having something new can be a comfort, but the stress of always being broke more than cancels the happy feeling of the new shoes you bought...

    ReplyDelete